2011年1月26日 星期三

A Writer’s Material

   The quotation from John Gardner suggests about the topics that writers choose are the ones writers are interested in. I believe that people wouldn’t write something they’re lacking interest of because that would be a waste of time also meaningless. If writers write about materials that they don’t care at all, the essay wouldn’t be unique since writers fail to put their own ideas and feelings into the work. Thus, I think John Gardner’s quotation is pretty true. In addition, this advice can definitely help me to choose a topic for the next assignment-writing a causal analysis essay.
    I’m not a scientific fan, so I think my essay would combine both scientific and non-scientific approaches. I’m pretty concerned about the environment that humans are living now, so I might write about global warming. Moreover, global warming is a great topic not only because lots of causes contribute to this severe effect, but also global warming causes other natural disasters. In addition, I can reflect my own feeling and I believe I would have a lot to say because I really care about it.
    I can also write about ordinary, simple stuffs, and this can generate from observing people on streets. Why do people want to violate traffic rule? (walking when it’s red light; driving over speed limit; talking on the phone while driving….) Why do people listen to music when they’re doing art work? Why do people buy so many things during on sale time? All these topics can get to the psychology part, which is under scientific category again. No matter how ordinary things that one write, they can always revolve back into science, which is closely connected to our lives.

沒有留言:

張貼留言