2010年9月20日 星期一

Writing as self-discovery

  Writing and life are alike because while we are coming up with ideas for what to write about, we refresh our memories of events that happened in our lives. Before developing an essay, we always make an outline listing some general ideas. At the same time as this process proceeds, we are going through a voyage of discovery. We not only find good stories in our lives that we can write about, but also discover more things out of ourselves. I remembered when I wrote about the “significance essay” for college application, I didn’t come up with any ideas at first. I decided to sit in front of my desk and rethink carefully for every event that happened before. After the journey of discovering, I found good stories that were touching. At last, I used one of these stories and wrote an essay. To me, writing definitely serves as a vehicle of self-discovery.

沒有留言:

張貼留言