2011年5月11日 星期三

Your Opposition

      The topic of my persuasive speech is “Abolishing School Uniforms,” and I’m on the supporting side. There must be counter arguments in a persuasive speech so that speaker can show the audience what’s the best choice. My supporting arguments are that first, students can develop their own style and be unique through arranging clothes by themselves for many years. Second, students will be able to buy new clothes. Third, it’s our rights for choosing what to wear, and schools shouldn’t violate this free right.    Moreover, I think this arguments is the most important one.
The opposition to my persuasive arguments are that first, students should spend every second on studying rather than wasting time on thinking what to wear. In addition, this is especially important for seniors, who have to worry about college application and school work. Second, some students don’t have enough money to buy new clothes, so they can just stick with their old ones. By listing out these opposing arguments, I think I am able to anticipate how someone might try to counter what I say.
If I gave my persuasive argument as a speech, I think people in the audience might question about the credibility of it. Throughout the whole speech, I use emotional appeal more than the other two kinds, which are logical and ethical appeals. As for result, in order to prepare for their questions, I could provide some statistics or facts showing percentage of students want to abolish school uniforms is greater than that of keeping school uniforms.

沒有留言:

張貼留言